Kimura is able to fund any type of secured credit transaction within the supply chain of commodities ranging from traditional to bespoke structures on a short and long term basis, of up to 5 years. Examples of these are (but not limited to):
Senior secured, asset backed
Lending against collateral
Bill discounting & receivables
Supply Chain Finance
Financing commodity flows from farm to fork
Warehouse / storage tanks inventory
Longer term pre-export and pre-production financing
On and off warrant, exchange deliverable and non deliverable
Kimura has comprehensive expertise in managing global risks.
Commodity Trade Finance fund
89 Nexus Way
Kimura Capital HQ
Kimura Capital LLP (HQ)
42 Mincing Lane
London EC3R 7AE
Kimura has strong commodity trading & financing experience from companies such as: BP, Trafigura, HSBC, UBS, ICBC, Hetco, Armajaro, Noble etc.
From $5-200mn individual transactions and facilities.
Kimura can act quickly and provide decisions to borrowers within a short time.
Zero red tape - Kimura is flexible in terms of location, counterparty, region and debt structure.
Decision making is based on the portfolio requirements of the fund and the mechanics of each transaction, making the credit approval process more efficient.
Kimura utilises a fully automated transaction management system with cutting edge technology supporting the end to end processes.
Kimura aims to provide fair and sustainable pricing to enhance and grow borrowers businesses.
Multiple points of deal origination and global deal flow.
No commercial conflict in decision making.
Why are Commodities the focus?
Commodities represent the most elegant and important form of global trade, for the following reasons:
- Seasoned market. Financing global commodity trade was the earliest form of lending activity that can be traced back centuries. This activity was the cornerstone of many banks throughout the modern era.
- Historical performance of the asset class e.g. Low default rate, lower than 99% of credit strategies, with one of the most highly predictable cash flows, based on ICC data.
- Risk adjusted returns are far superior to nearly all private credit asset classes.
- Well established quality specifications & standardisation in transactions.
- Price discoverable & largely indexed via global exchanges.
- Fungible & Transferable - generic nature allows for easy resale.
- Huge participation within the global supply chain between producer and consumer.
- $14tn of annual global commodity trade.
- Significant annual liquidity shortfall, now estimated at 5tn.
- Banks as the traditional lenders, have been exiting the market due to legislative pressures becoming unmanageable from a capital adequacy perspective.
- Alternative financing and digitisation is the future and solution.
- Energy transition and NETzero can only be achieved with comprehensive funding of the liquidity gap.
- Essential for the real economy, sec - Energy, food, materials.
- Impactful - Commodities are typically sourced from emerging markets. Inflows of capital are critical for growth and development of emerging nations, as the main contributor to GDP’s.
- Providing commodity trade finance is essential and immediate, in order to ensure the future of our world.
- Create and build out a leading alternative financier
- Provide capital to bridge liquidity gap
- Responsibly make Investors a consistent low vol return which is scalable and long term
- Create new business lines which focus on market areas
- Digitise the environment as effectively as possible